Back to Questions Category
The Pag-IBIG Overseas Program was launched to give Overseas Filipinos the opportunity to save for their future and at the same time giving them the chance to avail of a housing loan as much as Php 500,000 with interest rates ranging from 9%-17% per annum depending on the load amount.
Membership under the Pag-IBIG Overseas Program (POP) shall be open to all Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) with valid visas or employment contracts. Likewise, it shall be open to Filipino immigrants and to Filipinos naturalized in other countries.
Requirements for membership application:
- Accomplished Member's Data Form
- Membership contribution payment on a monthly or quarterly basis at your option
Mail or submit the accomplished Member's Data Form to:
Pag-IBIG Overseas Department
6/F Atrium of Makati, Makati Ave., Makati, M.M., Philippines 1200
c/o Vincent N. Nery or Voltair M. dela Rosa
POP contributions made in foreign currency shall be converted to its peso equivalent on the date when payment was made, rounded off to the nearest dollar. POP members may also opt to pay the required/upgraded contributions in its local currency (peso) equivalent.
Members of Pag-Ibig Overseas Program (POP) can avail the housing loan benefit, subject to the provisions of the existing Consolidated Guidelines of the Pag-IBIG Housing Loan Program, through their immediate family members with the execution of a Special Power of Attorney (SPA), duly certified by the Philippine embassy or consulate in the country of their workplace.
They can also avail of the Multi-Purpose Loan (MPL), subject to the existing guidelines of the MPL Program.
- Pag-IBIG Overseas Program Office
- POP Overseas Offices
- Accredited Overseas Marketing Representatives
- Metro Manila and Provincial Offices
Members of this Pag-ibig program are given an opportunity to do the following:
- Save for their future
- Chance to avail of a housing loan as much as Php 500,000 with interest rates ranging from 9%-17% per annum depending on the load amount
- Avail of short term loans
An OFW can avail of housing loan under the Pag-ibig Overseas Program upon meeting the following conditions:
- Have been a Pag-IBIG member for at least 6 months
- Have made at least 12 monthly contributions
- Are a contributing member upon loan application
- Are not more than 65 years old at the date of loan maturity
- Have the legal capacity to contract and purchase real property under Philippine laws
- Have no outstanding housing loan except lot purchase loan at the Pag-IBIG Fund either as principal or co-borrower
The loan is payable in 5 or 10 years (for contract workers) and is 5, 10, 15, or 20 years (for immigrants and Filipino-Americans/Canadians) with the first payment due on the calendar month immediately following the receipt of the total loan proceeds by the borrower.