POEA: Deployment of New and Returning OFWs to Syria Not Allowed
As violence continues and worsens in Syria, the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) imposed a deployment ban to Syria. This covers both new and returning overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) to Syria.
The POEA made the announcement after the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) raised the alert level in Syria to 3. The POEA chief, Carlos Cao said in an interview, Carlos Cao, "Once Alert Level 3 is confirmed all over the country, the deployment of both new hires and balik-mangagawa (returning workers) is banned.”
Syria is in chaos because a group of protesters are protesting against the government and demanding the resignation of their president, Bashar al-Assad.
- All About Placement Fees and Other Required Fees of OFWs
- Urgent Opening in Top Saudi Company: High Salary and No Placement Fee!
- Work and Live in Canada through the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) (Part 1 of 2)
- KSA: How to Compute End of Service Benefits
- Beware of These Blacklisted Balikbayan Box Forwarders