How to Avail Calamity Loan in PAGIBIG
Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) abroad whose families were greatly affected by the recent flash flood in the Philippines can seek help by availing of Calamity Loan through Home Development Mutual Fund (PAG-IBIG). Calamity loan is open to all members who have at least 24 months of contribution.
Just recently, many Filipinos in Metro Manila and some parts of Luzon were left homeless after heavy monsoon rains caused flood. National Capital Region and provinces of Bataan, Pampanga, Laguna, Cavite, Bulacan and Rizal were greatly affected.
Calamity Loan Requirements:
- A member must have contributed at least 24 months to be eligible for the calamity loan.
- In case of having a previous loan, he/she must be active on paying it.
- The member must be a resident of a calamity affected area.
To apply, members should submit the following:
- Certificate of net pay
- Two valid identification cards
- Barangay certificate signed by barangay captain to prove that the member resides in an area affected by a calamity.
Member can loan a maximum 80% of the member’s Total Accumulated Value or TAV (personal contributions, employer’s contribution, and dividend) and is payable in 24 months.
Filipinos abroad may send their representative in the nearest PAGIBIG branch in their area on their behalf. Remember that a Calamity Loan is only accepted up to 90 days from the day the State of Calamity was declared.