For OFWs Who Want to Re-Enter Korea: Register for The Special EPS-TOPIK (Computer-Based Test)
An announcement from the official website of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) states guidelines for Filipino workers who previously work in Korea under the Employment Permit System (EPS) and now wishes to work there again through the Special EPS-TOPIK which will use the new computer-based test (CBT) facility.
The guidelines are in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on the sending of workers set by the Ministry of Employment and Labor of the Republic of Korea (MOEL) and Department of Labor and Employment of the Philippines (DOLE).
Applicants who will pass the language test and the required health qualification will be included in the list of EPS Jobseeker Roster and would have a chance to be chosen by Korean EPS employers for deployment.
They can then go back to Korea with a much faster process although they still need to go through the POEA process. The new Computer-Based Test of Proficiency in Korean (CBT-TOPIK) language test will be administered by the Korean Ministry of Employment and Labor (MOEL).
Check out the schedule for the EPS-TOPIK:
Announcement of Test Date
Announcement of Test Result
January 14 – January 18
Persons aged between 18 and 38
Birthday is from January 14, 1975 – January 14, 1995
*The schedule can be changed according to EPS circumstances and number of applicants.
1st session (35 persons)
Orientation: 8:30am -9:30am, - Test time: 9:30am - 10:40am
2nd session (35 persons)
Orientation: 10:50am - 11:50am, - Test time: 11:50am - 1:00pm
The language test will be held at the CBT (Computer Based Test) Examination Room of POEA at 6th Floor POEA, BFO Building, Ortigas Avenue corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City.
Who are qualified?
Those who are voluntary returnees from Korea since 1 January 2010 and not over 38 years old at the start of the CBT Registration on January 14, 2013. Those who are over 38 years old by January 14 and have a record of overstaying or illegal stay in Korea would not be allowed to register for the Special EPS-TOPIK.
The Designated POEA Registration Sites are as follows:
1. National Capital Region and South Luzon
Occupational Safety and Health Center (OSHC)
North Avenue corner Agham Road
Diliman, Quezon City
2. North and Central Luzon
POEA Regional Center for Luzon
2nd Floor, LZK Zambrano Bldg.
Quezon Avenue, San Fernando City, La Union
3. Visayas Regions
POEA Regional Center for Visayas
DOLE Bldg. (Insular) Gorordo corner General Maxilom
Avenues, Cebu City
4. Mindanao Regions
POEA Regional Center for Mindanao
2nd Floor, AMYA II Bldg. Quimpo Boulevard corner Tulip Drive
Ecoland, Davao City
· Copy of passport on their returning home (for proving he/she is a voluntary returnee)
· Application form (Free distribution at the registration place, only to the applicants who paid the test fee)
· Registration numbers are written on each application form, and one applicant can receive and submit one application form. If there is any error in an application form, correct it with correction fluid or tape and submit it.
· A copy of passport (or ID card)
· A copy of passport (or ID card) is required to be attached on the application form
· It is preferable to attach a copy of passport (or ID card) written in English (especially name)
· 2 photographs of 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm (taken within 6 months)
· The Test fee is 24 USD or Php996. If an applicant has valid reasons to cancel his/her registration during registration period, a full refund may be given. However, re-application after cancellation is not allowed.