Requirements Needed for Board Exams Abroad for OFWs
Jan 21, 2014
For Filipinos who work overseas and interested to take advantage of the special licensure board examinations (SPLBE), particularly those in the Middle East, here are the requirements you need to submit to the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) or PH embassies and consulates nearest you.
Photocopy of Transcript of Records (with or without scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes Only”)
Photocopy of valid passport
Four (4) passport size pictures with complete nametag in white background
Other Specific Documents
Accomplished Logbook for Diversified Experience for local/overseas experience (certified by mentor-architect) and/or Certificate of Related Work Experience for overseas experience signed by the employer for a minimum of 3,840 hours. Scanned copies shall be submitted through e-mail to the Board of Architecture for conditional approval.
Updated PRC ID of mentor, PTR, IAPOA
Affidavit must be signed and sealed by Architect-mentor
For Registered Master Electricians
Certificate of experience on prescribed form (PRC Form No. 104) certified and signed by REE/RME/PEE
Certification from the Company
For Certified Public Accountants
- Certificate of Completion for refresher course if applicable. Repeaters shall submit proof of most recent exams taken (NOA, OR).
First Timers: BSN graduates under CMO No.14 S 2009- Certificate of Undertaking signed by the Dean and Registrar, duly notarized.
BSN graduates under CMO No.30 S 2001-original copy of the Summary of Related Learning Experience (RLE) and original copy of the OR-DR cases in the new format.
Repeaters: Basic Documents.
- If applicant had not taken the Dentist Licensure Examination for five years and up – 6-month Refresher Course Certificate
- If applicant had failed for three times – 6-month Refresher Course Certificate
For Master Plumbers:
- For licensed or graduates of BSCE, BS Architecture, BSME, BS Sanitary Engineering and BS Mining Engineering – Transcript of Records and Photocopy of Valid Passport
- For Registered Electrical Engineers (REE) or graduate of BS Electrical Engineering – 5 years of experience as Master Plumbers, Transcript of Records, Photocopy of REE if Registered Electrical Engineer
- For High School Graduates – 5 years of experience as Master Plumber, High School Diploma and Photocopy of Valid Passport
Application can also be done online through the PRC website.
SPLBEs are conducted in countries where there is a request from OFWs to hold a special board exam there. The POLOs will then conduct a pre-registration to determine the number of examinees expected to take the special board exams. Dates and venues for special licensure examinations are set by PRC in coordination with the Philippine Regulatory Boards (PRBs) and may also depend on the recommended venues of Philippine embassies, consulates and POLOs.
PRC Chairman Teresita Manzala said that for countries in the Middle East, the special board examinations shall be held during the observance of religious holidays, while for other countries, SPLBEs may be conducted as requested by Philippine Embassies/Consulates and as approved by PRC.