Lost your passport abroad? Get A New One
Audrey, Oct 12, 2015
The Philippine passport is a very important travel document for OFWs and Filipinos abroad. This also serves as an identification card because the Philippines has no national identity card system.
Because of its importance, Philippine passport holder like OFWs and Filipinos abroad, must take good care of it and avoid losing this travel document. But what should you do, in case a thing like this happens? How would you be able to get a new passport? Where should you get a new one? Breathe. Don't panic. Relax and just follow these steps for you to replace your lost Philippine passport.
The Philippine Embassies/Consulate General abroad accepts and processes applications for Philippine passport or the e-passport. They would then send it to the Department of Foreign Affairs or DFA in Manila which would print and issue a new passport.
Here are the requirements needed for the processing of a new e-passport to replace your lost one.
1. An accomplished application form which can be downloaded from the Philippine Embassy in which country you are in.
2. A police report, must be written in English and should be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where the report was filed.
3. A notarized Affidavit of Loss, which should also be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where the affidavit was made.
4. Birth certificate of the applicant from the National Statistics Office or NSO and is authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs or DFA.
5. Applicants valid IDs and documents that would support the identification and citizenship if needed.
6. If there is, a photocopy of the lost passport. (That's why it is advisable to have a photocopy of all your important documents when abroad.)
7. And the most important thing, the passport processing fees which would vary depending on which country you are.
The Philippine Embassy or Consulate requires that applicants must appear in person for the data gathering procedure needed for the issuance of the e-passport replacement. They don't need to submit photographs for their picture, together with their fingerprint and signature will be takenon-site. Allow at least six months for the processing, so if you lost your passport, report it immediately and apply for a replacement right away.