Filing Complaint vs Registered Recruitment Agencies
Sep 11, 2006
Grounds for Filing Complaint (for violation of recruitment laws, rules and regulations)
- overcharging of placement fee
- pre-mature collection of placement fee
- withholding of travel documents
- failure to deploy without valid reason
- failure to reimburse documentation expenses when deployment did not take place without the worker’s fault
- substitution and alteration of employment contract
Where to get legal assistance
Legal Assistance Division
POEA or Philippine Overseas Employment Administration head office (EDSA corner Ortigas Ave., Mandaluyong City, Philippines) or any POEA Regional Office
Who may file
Any person may file a complaint in writing and under oath for the suspension or cancellation of the license of any agency with the Administration.
The Administration, on its own initiative or upon filing of a complaint or report for the investigation by any aggrieved person, shall conduct the necessary proceedings for the suspension, cancellation or revocation of the license of any agency.