Filipino Skilled Workers needed in Manitoba Canada
Maria Theresa S. Samante, Mar 9, 2008
In the advisory issued by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) the
The Canadian province is in need of skilled Filipino workers such as truck drivers, welders, machinists, boilermakers, sheet metal workers, glaziers, pipe fitters, plasterers, drywall installers, carpenters, cabinetmakers, bricklayers and stone masons.
The Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), which allows overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) to enter
- Medical health examination by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Passed an English language proficiency test
- Must not have an outstanding custody or divorce dispute, this will make them ineligible to enter
- Must not have a criminal record
- Possess skills required by the employer.
In compliance with the POEA Memorandum Circular regarding the OFW deployment to
According to the POEA Administrator Rosalinda Baldoz, there are some two million overseas jobs that are soon to be offered to skilled Filipino workers in the years to come. These job openings are particularly offered in
The Canadian provinces will need welders, fabricators, transportation, nurses, caregivers, nannies and pipe fitters. Aside from the skilled positions, there will also be job openings for temporary or seasonal workers who will work for the Winter Olympics in 2010.