Passport Services for OFWs in POEA
Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) need not go to the main office of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) to obtain a passport. They can take care of their passport needs right at Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) because the DFA satellite office there now gives full-service passport services for OFWs.
This would be very helpful and convenient for OFWs because almost all legal overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) go to the office of the POEA to process their papers.
Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who applied for a passport at the POEA office have to wait for seven or fourteen working days before their passport is released.
The DFA reminds all OFWs to apply for a passport way before their flight schedule to avoid hassles and delays. They are also advised to get a maroon-colored Machine Readable Passport (MRP) that is being issued by the government agency since July of last year.
The MRP complies with the standards of the International Civil Aviation Organization. The new passport makes checking of passport at port of entry easier, increase the credibility of the Philippine passport, protects the holder’s identity better. Every country today issues MRP.
- Released after 14 working days: Php 500
- Released after 7 working days: Php 750
Requirements for Passport Application
- Personal appearance
- Authenticated birth certificate from NSO
- Completed application form
- 3 colored passport pictures with royal blue background,
- At least two government-issued identification cards
- Documents proving the applicant's identity and citizenship
The passport application form and guidelines may be downloaded at www.dfa.gov.ph.
- All About Placement Fees and Other Required Fees of OFWs
- Urgent Opening in Top Saudi Company: High Salary and No Placement Fee!
- Work and Live in Canada through the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) (Part 1 of 2)
- KSA: How to Compute End of Service Benefits
- Beware of These Blacklisted Balikbayan Box Forwarders