Employment Opportunities Abound for OFWs in Alberta, Canada
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) informed that an estimated 10,000 job opportunities await overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in
The recent signing of the memorandum of agreement between the Philippine government and the
The signing was held at the Makati Shangrila Hotel and Labor Secretary, Marianito Roque represented the Philippines while Hector Goudreau, Alberta’s Minister of Employment and Immigration represented the Canadian province.
Roque said, “Initially 10,000 Filipinos are need immediately for this recruitment program, but
The labor secretary aims to deploy about 30,000 to 40,000 OFWs to
Roque also shared information on the salary that hired OFWs for
highly skilled welders: 6,000 Canadian dollars (USD5,700) and pipe fitters: 3,800 Canadian dollars (USD 3,600). As comparison, Roque said that welders and pipe fitters in
The agreement also includes provision for trainings of Filipinos that will be hired in
Roque said. “They are willing to invest in the
The DOLE reminds applicants that employers and recruitment agencies are not allowed to collect any placement fees. All recruitment costs of OFWs bound for
- All About Placement Fees and Other Required Fees of OFWs
- Urgent Opening in Top Saudi Company: High Salary and No Placement Fee!
- Work and Live in Canada through the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) (Part 1 of 2)
- KSA: How to Compute End of Service Benefits
- Beware of These Blacklisted Balikbayan Box Forwarders