Nature of Job:
Forklift operators load and unload deliveries then move it to and from the warehouse or depot’s storage area.
- Load and unload goods/deliveries from lorries or aircraft.
- Transferring cargos around the warehouse.
- Arrange cargos according to stock control instructions.
- Check the security of the load.
- Stacking empty pallets.
- Maintenance of the daily equipment.
- Load and unload trucks by hand if needed.
- Other warehouse tasks like packing.
Education and Training Requirements:
· At least high school graduate
· Forklift training is enough to be able to work as forklift operator.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Basic math skills for estimation of weight and distance;
- Knowledge in operating the truck
Port or airport
Warehouse or factory
37 - 45 hours a week
Forklift operator can become shift supervisor or team leader. Equipped with experience and training forklift operator can also be promoted as forklift instructor or maintenance engineer.
Retail warehouses and stores
Ports and airports