Nature of Job:
Computer programmers are responsible for the function of one’s website or company’s internet or computer database. They are also responsible for the converting step-by-step instructions for a program into a language computers will understand.
- Identify, fix, and delete errors or bugs on the computer or files that may affect the database of the company/product.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Must be a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Programming, Information Technology or any related course.
Since their work requires a lot of time pressure due to deadlines and tasks, they are provided with comfortable working space and high-end computer equipments. Computer programmers work in a team of computer experts such as web engineers, graphic designers and other computer professionals.
Computer programmers work for 8 to 10 hours.