Nature of the Job:
A Document Controller maintains and manages all important documents either for a particular project or whole organization and assures that it is easily accessible and stored. He or she also maintains and examines related files to release blueprints, drawings, and engineering documents to manufacturing and other operating departments.
- Coordinate all activities related to the Document Control procedure, including technical documents, drawings, and commercial correspondence.
- Input document data into the standard registers ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date.
- Generate the various document control reports as required.
- Typing of site documents, and follow up of all the site needs
- Makes sure that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable
- Maintain updated records of all approved documents and drawings and their distribution clearly
- Maintain the documents and drawings in the Document Control office under safe custody without any damage or deterioration with easy traceability.
- Maintain the files and control logs as required by the project.
Education and Training Requirements:
- At least Vocational Diploma/Certificate from a 2 year Technical course
- At least 3 years related work experience in office work, documentation and control
- Knowledge of Engineering disciplines like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Knowledge in use of spreadsheets, database, word processing and selected job specific software.
- Ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports.
- Ability to use computer and rapidly input data and retrieve records and information.
- Ability to organize work load and to manage a filing methods and management techniques
- Good Communication skills
UAE: AED 5000 – 10000 per month or Php, 66,574 – 133, 147
The job of a document controller involves going in and out of the office as they visit construction sites from time to time.
Document controllers work for construction companies and since the construction industry is booming in many First World Countries, employment opportunities abound for them overseas.