Nature of Job:
Computer Aided Design Operator or CAD Operators has a wide knowledge using computer software to create project designs. Aside from architectural industry, CAD Operators are also needed in apparel industry, mechanical engineering, garden and landscape design, and lighting systems for public and private buildings.
- Provides design of the project in a short period of time.
- Convert sketches or specifications of the project or product; from an architect, engineer, or other designer; into detailed CAD drawings.
Education and Training Requirements:
- College degree most preferably with background in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Training in multiple CAD programs and platforms, general computing theory and a variety of productivity applications.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Wide knowledge with the use of computer;
- Proficient in latest AutoCAD and/or Microstation, Microsoft Office and Windows applications.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans;
- Knowledge in basic algebra and geometry which is used in calculating figures and amounts including the discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume;
- Can interpret instruction either written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
- Familiar with
PTCPro-Engineer (Pro-E Wildfire 1.0 or higher) and Autodesk Autocad (Autocad 2000 or higher); experience with PTCIntralink (Intralink 2.0 or higher).
CAD Operators usually works in the office.
8 hours of work with overtime pay
From CAD Operators they can be promoted to be part of the Information Technology (IT) Department of the company since they have wide knowledge in computer application and operating systems. And this is there chance to be involved in programming, database management and network administration.
There is a growing demand for CAD Operators since architectural and engineering design mostly preferred detailed CAD drawings. They are needed in the following industries:
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Garden design and Construction
- Building Engineering
- Mechanical (MCAD)
- Electronic and Electrical (ECAD)
- Manufacturing process planning
- Digital Circuit design
- Software Applications
- Apparel and Textile CAD