Filipinos Marrying in Riyadh: Application Requirements
Jun 27, 2016
Two Filipino nationals can be married in the Philippine Embassy authorized through the Commissioned Consular Officer to solemnize marriages.
For marriage application, the following requirements should be prepared for submission by both parties:
- Original birth certificate from NSO, authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs or DFA, Manila (with red ribbon)
- Original certificate of no marriage (CENOMAR) from NSO (issued 6 months before the date of submission to the Embassy), authenticated by DFA Manila (with red ribbon)
- For applicants aged 18-21 years old - parental consent, notarized and authenticated by DFA (with red ribbon)
- For applicants aged 21-25 years old - parental advice, notarized and authenticated by DFA (with red ribbon)
- For widow/widower - NSO issued marriage contract and NSO issued death certificate authenticated by DFA (with red ribbon)
- For applicants with annulled marriages - NSO issued Amended Marriage Contract, Certificate of Finality of Decision and Court Order, all authenticated by DFA (with red ribbon)
- Passport copy of each applicant (data page only)
- 2 copies 2x2 photo for each applicant
- Application forms for marriage
- Application for Marriage License
- Marriage License
- Joint Affidavit
- Public Notice
- Applicant’s contact details
*Note: These forms are available at the Embassy’s website and at the Consular Section. It should also be typewritten (except for the signature) to minimize errors and for legibility.
Once all the requirements are ready, submit it to the consular section and pay the fees at the cashier. Arrange the schedule of the wedding ceremony with the concerned consular assistant, wear the appropriate dress code and be on time for the wedding.