OFWGuide.com is a Filipino website for new OFWs and for Filipinos who want to migrate, find an overseas job or work abroad.
How To Guide
How OFWs can apply for SSS Housing Loan
Oct 12, 2016
Overseas Filipino workers who are members of the Social Security System (SSS) may apply for a housing loan.
Once the OFW has checked that he or she is an eligible member of SSS, the following documents should be prepared before filing the application.
Original copy of:
- Mortgagor's Application for Housing Loan with 1x1 ID pictures of Principal Applicant and Spouse
- Certificate of Loan Eligibility (CLE) - P100 service fee
- Certification from POEA/DOLE/OWWA/SSS Foreign Representative Office or Philippine Embassy/Consular Office
- Deed if Sale or Contract of Sale with statement of latest balance for purchase of lot or house and lot
- Appraisal Report from Home Guaranty Corporation accredited appraisal companies
- Certificate of Acceptance and Occupancy duly signed by the borrower if house is 100% complete at the time of loan filing.
- Duly notarized Special Power of Attorney (if filing is through a representative)
Original and photocopy of
- Latest Contract of Employment and latest Employer's Certification duly authenticated by the Philippine Consulate
- Owner's copy of the Transfer Certificate Title (TCT)/ Original Certificate Title (OCT)/ Condominium Certificate of Title (CCT)
- Certified true copy of TCT/OCT/CCT issued by the Register of Deeds
- Latest Property Tax Declaration and Realty Tax Receipt
- Lot plan with vicinity map duly signed and sealed by the Registered Surveyor or Geodetic Engineer (Blue Print)
- Building plans/specifications/picture of the house (Blue Print)
- A set of twelve (12) postdated checks covering twelve (12) monthly installments and shall be repeated every twelve (12) months thereafter until the loan is fully paid
- Tax Mapping/Subdivision Plan
- Affidavit of Undertaking to continue paying monthly SSS premium contributions for the duration of housing loan
Upon completion of the abovementioned documents needed for the SSS housing loan application, the OFW may then proceed to the nearest SSS cluster branch or at the Housing and Business Loans Department, 5th Floor, SSS Bldg., East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City for filing.