Nature of Job:
Forecourt attendant or most commonly known as gasoline boy works in a fuel station. They are responsible in assisting customers by re-fueling their car engines, car wash, repairs and other task.
- Assist and ask customers with their car needs.
- Check the customer’s car problem.
- Refill fuel.
- Check engines, tires.
- Cleans and overhaul cars.
- Monitor and regularly check the condition of the gas tanks.
- Check the condition of the materials being used in the gasoline station.
- Must be at least high school graduate.
- A short course diploma in auto-mechanic or any related course is a plus.
The heat temperature is the number one concern of forecourt attendants due to their exposure to sunlight and the heat that their equipments produce. Gasoline boys are provided with uniforms to protect them from the heat and make them comfortable to move.
Gasoline boys work for a minimum of 8 hour in 5-6 days per week. They are entitled to 1 day off per week.