Nature of Job:
A printing press operator works in publishing or newspaper companies. They are responsible in running and operating the machines used to print press releases, newspapers, magazines, pamphlets and other print materials.
- Operates the printing press machine
- Regularly check the functions of the printing machine
- Report malfunctions, errors, problems with the machine
- At least high school graduate
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Must have full knowledge about how printing press industry works.
- Must have knowledge and skills in printing.
- Must be articulate and keen to details.
- Must have knowledge in printing press machines and its function.
- Must have knowledge and skills to operate manual and digital machines.
For printing press operators who works in a big-scale publishing companies, they're surrounded with big and high-end printing machines that can print thousands of newspaper or magazine a day. The workplace is bigger and air-conditioned which make it more convenient for them to work.
Printing press operators works usually at night since most of them works in newspaper companies. They work for 8 hours to 10 hours a day.