OFWGuide.com is a Filipino website for new OFWs and for Filipinos who want to migrate, find an overseas job or work abroad.
Job Description of Commis
Jobs for Commis
Nature of Job
Commis is the assistant of a main chef in a restaurant. They are responsible in checking the quality of all the food being served in a restaurant.
- Assist chef and other kitchen staff.
- Check the quality of the dishes before serving it.
- Assist main chef in cooking and preparing the dish.
- Check and prepare the ingredients needed for a dish.
- Check and inform other members of the kitchen about the menu that will be served.
Education and Training Requirements
- A degree in culinary or hotel and restaurant management
- Must have attended trainings and seminars in culinary
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Must be keen to details.
- Must have a good palate.
- Must have wide knowledge in culinary arts.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to cook different dishes.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure.
- Must have the ability to understand instruction and know how to properly disseminate information.
- Must have the ability to work in a team.
Commis works in the different kitchen section of a cruise,restaurant or hotel..
8 hours of work with overtime pay.
Jobs for CommisClick here for more job profiles>>