Nature of Job
Commis is the assistant of a main chef in a restaurant. They are responsible in checking the quality of all the food being served in a restaurant.
- Assist chef and other kitchen staff.
- Check the quality of the dishes before serving it.
- Assist main chef in cooking and preparing the dish.
- Check and prepare the ingredients needed for a dish.
- Check and inform other members of the kitchen about the menu that will be served.
Education and Training Requirements
- A degree in culinary or hotel and restaurant management
- Must have attended trainings and seminars in culinary
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Must be keen to details.
- Must have a good palate.
- Must have wide knowledge in culinary arts.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to cook different dishes.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure.
- Must have the ability to understand instruction and know how to properly disseminate information.
- Must have the ability to work in a team.
Commis works in the different kitchen section of a cruise,restaurant or hotel..
8 hours of work with overtime pay.