- Develop, administer and supervise nutrition and food preparation and service programs in hospitals, nursing homes, schools, company, cafeterias or similar settings.
- Evaluate nutritional status of individuals and provide nutrition counseling and consulting to health professionals, dietetic interns, community groups government, media and individuals.
- Aid in the prevention and/or treatment of inadequate nutrition;
- Plan, evaluate and conduct nutrition educational programs and evelop educational materials for various audiences.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
A bachelor's degree in Nutrition or a related field such as Food and Nutritional Science or Biochemistry and one to two years of supervised practical training. To be a full-pledged dietitian, one must also pass the licensure exam.
SKILL AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to identify and treat health ailments;
- Must have knowledge of disease prevention at every stage of growth and development;
- Must have background in metabolism and biochemistry of nutrients and food omponents;
- Must be able to plan nutrition programs and supervise the preparation and serving of meals;
- Must have good organizational skills and aptitude for and interest in Science.