Butchers cut, trim, or prepare meats (fish, chicken, pork, beef, etc) according to the sizes prefer by the consumers using knives, butcher's cutlery and powered equipment and then sell it in retail.
- Production of meat products such as sausage, pies and burgers;
- Cut, debone and trim meat;
- Monitor the stock for buying and ordering;
- Attend with the deliveries;
- Lift and carry heavy joints of meat to the cold storage area;
- Attend with the products display;
- Attend with the customers need;
- Sometimes drive to markets, wholesalers and customers’ premises.
- Operate butcher's cutlery and powered equipment like grinders, bandsaw, mincer, etc.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Vocational diploma/Short Course Certificate
- Training Certificates
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- With at least 2-5 years of work experience as butcher;
- Committed to standards of sanitation and hygiene;
- Can work individually or as part of the team
- Physically fit
- Basic Math skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to deal with the customers
- Good eye-hand coordination
The work will start early in the morning and may work during Saturdays and Sundays in supermarkets.
Working hours is 8 hours a day with overtime pay.
Butcher may advance to supervisory and managerial positions in supermarkets and retail chains. Can also start and own shop or catering services, meat manufacturing and meat wholesaling outlets.
Butchers are currently in demand in countries such as