Nature of the Job:
Systems assess the IT systems and processes of the company, like integrating the telephone to computer for a call center company and reformat the database for a bank customer for security. They also suggest ideas for the improvement of the company.
Systems analyst must create designs that are flexible as the company grows. The main tasks of a systems or business analyst are:
- Crop up plans for development of replacement of company’s IT system
- Constant communication with the client to comprehend with the company’s needs
- Conduct feasibility studies
- Work with the company’s programmer and software developers to construct the system
- Train the staffs for new or upgraded systems
- Check the system for errors before rolling out for the final version
Education and Training Requirements:
- Graduate of computer science or computer engineer
- With at least two years of experience if you wish to apply for overseas employment.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge in computer both software and hardware
- Visual Basic, C++ and Java
- Unified Modelling Language (UML)
SAPbusiness software applications.
- Microsoft or Oracle Certification
- Inventory software aaplication
- Other software development skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Can interpret gathered information clearly for technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
Systems analyst is an office-based job and spends time working in front of the computer. Sometimes go out to meet clients and work in their location.
8 hours of working and sometimes need to work overtime and during weekend to meet deadline.
Systems analyst with enough experience can be promoted to senior analyst. There are lots of opportunities for this type of job, you can move from companies to companies since IT professionals are greatly in demand.