OFWGuide.com is a Filipino website for new OFWs and for Filipinos who want to migrate, find an overseas job or work abroad.
Job Description of Animator
Jobs for Animator
Nature of Job:
Animators are considered as new generation artists. They draw and create animated characters that can move and has a story. They draw and create animation using high end multi media applications.
- Draw characters based from your own idea or the client’s demands.
- Conceptualize a story board that is based from the characters.
- Draw and create a character with the use of high end computer applications such as 2D, Flash, 3D animation and other modern applications.
- Make graphic and manual draft of drawings that will further presents to clients and head animator.
- Work in team of animators, directors and editors that will further enhance the animation by putting special effects, graphics, and lights.
- A graduate of any four year course or hold an authentic certification in 2D, 3D, Macromedia Flash and other multi media applications in animation
- At least 2-3 years experience in multi media animation.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Must have wide knowledge and skills in creating an animated character.
- Knowledge and skills in creating animation with the use of modern application such as 2D and 3D animation, Macromedia Flash and other modern application.
- Must have wide knowledge in animation, comic and movie animation.
- Must have the ability to write a good story line.
- Knowledge in putting background effects.
- Can make good presentation to clients.
- Can work under time pressure with limited supervision
- Must be willing to work in a team of animators, directors and editors.
- Can meet deadlines.
More doors opened animators abroad because more and more animators are making their name in the animation scene. 3D animation is not only in demand abroad, locally, big multi media and film studio sees good future in animation. Furthermore, leading multi media moguls in Japan and USA are open and give high compensation package for highly skilled and trained Animators.
Animators work in a convenient work place, provided with high end computer equipments. Being under pressure is part of their work because they have to meet deadlines; however, most animators see their work as a combination of fun and passion.
Animators work for long hours; they work for 8-10 hours or even longer a day.
Promotion can be easy for highly skilled animators. Performance and years of practice are one of the factors for promotion, they can be promoted as Senior Animator or Head or Director of Animation.
Multi Media Animator
Jobs for AnimatorClick here for more job profiles>>