OFWGuide.com is a Filipino website for new OFWs and for Filipinos who want to migrate, find an overseas job or work abroad.
Job Description of Gardener
Jobs for Gardener
Nature of Job:
Gardener is responsible in taking care of gardens and lawns for private Houses, Parks, and Hotels. They maintain the beautification of the lawns and gardens in order to attract customers.
- They plant, water and trim plants and flowers.
- Pulling out dead grasses and debris from trees.
- Trim and water the grass in order to maintain its mass
- Lay fertilizers and other chemicals to flowers and plants.
- Maintain the cleanliness in the garden by sweeping trashes and pulling out dead plants.
- Do basic landscaping and designs for the beautification of gardens.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Must be at least High School graduate or graduate of any two year short course.
- Must have at least 3-5 years working experience as a Gardener
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Must have knowledge in gardening including taking care of pants and flowers.
- Must have wide knowledge in different varieties of flowers and plants.
- Must have knowledge in planting and maintaining grass such as Bermuda grass.
- Knowledge in applying fertilizers and other necessary chemicals to the plants.
- Must have knowledge and ability to do basic landsacaping for the plants
- Ability to detect and remove pests.
- Must have passion in plants.
Gardeners can both work for Private and in Industrial fields. They can work as private gardeners for homes or work for Hotels and Wellness Centers. There are openings for house gardeners in the Middle East. On the other hand, Hotels in the Coastal Islands of Britain and US open doors for gardeners.
Gardeners often works under the heat of the Sun, they often spent their time maintaining the beautification of the Garden.
Gardeners often work per hour. They work for 6-8 hours a day.
Jobs for GardenerClick here for more job profiles>>