Nature of Job:
Architects are responsible for the design of the new construction projects and redesigning of old structures.
- Pre-designing; selection of the site, study of the environmental impact and identifying the requirements of the design;
- Present the drawings and a study of the site to be presented with the client
- Finalize the construction plans;
- Prepare cost analysis;
- Assist the client with the construction bids, selecting a contractor, and negotiating the contract of the construction;
- Monitor the project to check if the contractor complies with the design, use specified materials and meet the standards for the quality of work;
- Evaluate the development of the project;
- Long-range planning for land development;
- Maneuver workers who prepare the drawings and other necessary plans.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Architecture
- Hands-on training and internship is prerequisite before taking up licensure examinations.
- To be able to practice the profession, graduates of Architecture need to take and pass the licensure exam.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Can visually present ideas with the client
- Can conceptualize and understand spatial relationships;
- Imaginative and has talent in drawing;
- Can communicate both written and oral) skills;
- Computer literacy - knowledge of computer - aided design and drafting CADD);
- Strong Organizational skills with attention to details;
- Managerial & supervisory skills.
8 hours of work with overtime pay
Architects can take over with the entire project if they have invested a substantial experience and may also advance to supervisory or managerial positions. They can also endow a business as partner or set up own established firms.
The demand for architects depends with the status of the construction industry. The emerging number of non-residential and residential construction means job for architects.
The increasing number of population also means a job for architects since there would be a boost of building houses, schools, health care facilities such as hospitals, commercial office spaces, entertainment facilities, shopping centers and more.
Graphic interior or industrial design
Real estate development