OFWGuide.com is a Filipino website for new OFWs and for Filipinos who want to migrate, find an overseas job or work abroad.
Job Description of Air-Conditioning and Cooler (A/C) Technician
Jobs for Air-Conditioning and Cooler (A/C) Technician
Nature of Job:
Air-conditioning and Cooler Technician or A/C Technician is responsible in conducting maintenance check and repairs for air-con and other cooling or heating system.
- Conduct maintenance check for air-con, heaters and coolers
- Install Air-con and heaters.
- Repair damage and dysfunctional air-con, heaters and coolers
- Check its functions and status
- Fix and check backage type and Split type
- Change spare parts
- Encode the reported damage of the air-con, heaters or cooler
- Check the its major parts (i.e. Freon)
- Conduct daily routine for inspections
- Check leakage
Education and Training Requirements:
- Must be a graduate of at least 2 year vocational course in Air Conditioning and Cooling Technician
- Must have at least 2 year experience as a A/C Technician
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Must have wide knowledge and skills in repairing different kinds of Air-Cons and Cooling, heating systems
- Must have knowledge in trouble shooting
- Ability to detect damages and malfunctions
- Must have wide knowledge in backage and Split type for installation of Air-cons and Coolers
- Know how to change spare parts
- Must have good communication skills
Technical and repair jobs remain stable for the past years, and until now the demand for technicians are still enormous. Aside from the Middle East countries, Australia are also open for A/C technician, they are offering high compensation package plus benefits for successful applicants.
A/C Technician often works for repair stores; they often visit clients and often do repairs in their clients place. A/C technician are provided with safety suit and mask to avoid accidents and contact with heat or chemicals.
The working time of A/C Technician may vary on the type of damage that they need to repair. They usually work for 4-6 hours.
Entry level A/C Technician with a good performance record and experience can be promoted as Senior Technician.Click here for more job profiles>>